Print page

The Old Military Road

The route of the Old Military road from Limassol to Troodos dating from the start of the British Administration period after 1878, otherwise known as the Kitchener Road, passes through Kouka and is marked in red on the map below.

Parts of this road are clearly visible today, especially where it winds up the side of the Kouris valley to Kouka in a series of hairpin bends which were necessary in order to reduce the gradient so that it could be handled by teams of oxen.